Unit Marketing Director
Chick-fil-A View profile
The Unit Marketing Director will be located in a given trade area and work for one specific Chick-fil-A Operatror who has two Units by directing marketing/public relations. The UMD is hired by and reports directly to the Operator of each Unit.
UMD responsibilities include:
- Working with the Operator to execute a marketing plan.
- Be part of a team of up to 3 other marketing staff members
- Monitoring effectiveness
- In-store appearance- responsible for maintaining all marketing materials in both stores, point of purchase merchandising (balloons,signage,etc.)
- Readerboard-work with marketing team in creating monthly messages for readerboard and changing messages on readerboard in timely a manner.
- Social Media- Post daily on Facebook and implement other forms of social media appropriate to business and marketing goals.
- Birthday Parties and Birthday Club- promote, schedule and run birthday parties. Take reservations and follow up with customer on food orders. Maintain party inventory such as tablecloths, goody bags, etc. Maintain Birthday Club list from website and post information monthly to team members.
- Cow Mascots - Schedule Cow mascots for events. Grow list of trained personnel for Cow mascot program. Train personnel.
- Set up in-store Sampling program.
- Traditionally, a UMD works 15-20 hours per week (for a single Unit); 30-40 hours per week (for multiple Units).
- The candidate should be organized and have flexible availability.
- Specific hours vary depending on the task to be accomplished. (e.g. may occasionally involve Saturday work for birthday parties or evenings for Spirit Nights).
- Use of a personal vehicle is required for some community-related work. Mileage is not reimbursed.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Previous marketing experience is a plus.