MKN & Associates View profile
Dear Prospective MKN & Associates Internship Scholarship Recipient,
We are pleased that you are interested in applying for the Michael K. Nunley & Associates,
Inc. (MKN) Internship Scholarship Program. As a scholarship recipient, you will have the
opportunity to participate in an internship program in Civil and Environmental Engineering,
with a focus on water, wastewater and reuse. The internship program emphasizes
academic excellence, leadership, and professional service, while also providing
opportunities to work alongside professional engineers on active projects.
MKN was formed as a California Corporation in 2012 and is a certified Small Business.
MKN has established offices in Arroyo Grande, Bakersfield and Fresno. Our Fresno office
opened its doors on June 2, 2017, and we are extremely proud to be able to serve the
Central Valley from our Fresno Location. Our service areas currently include Madera,
Merced, Fresno, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Kern, Los Angeles
and Orange Counties. The firm is dedicated to providing forward-thinking, cost-effective
solutions to water resource challenges in California’s coastal and inland communities. We
are a growing team of professional engineers and planners with experience performing
major potable water, wastewater, biosolids, and recycled water projects throughout
Minimum requirements for consideration of admission to the MKN Internship Scholarship
Program include the following criteria:
- CSU Fresno or UC Merced Full-time Students
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student as of Spring 2018
- Obtaining a BS or MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- GPA: 3.5 or better
While the requirements stated above are generally accepted as the minimum requirements,
should you believe that your work and abilities merit our consideration, we encourage you
to apply and provide adequate documentation.
- Candidates must be available to work a minimum of 12 hours per week Monday-Friday between 8am & 6pm during the school year and 30-40 hours per week during the summer.
- Internship duration will be a 3-6 month period with the opportunity to extend.
- The internship is paid and you will be considered a non-exempt, part-time temporary employee
If you are interested in applying, please contact Carrie Yamate to request an application. Phone: 805-904-6530 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org