Encore Event Rentals View profile
Warehouse Manager (Shreveport, LA)
Encore Event Rentals, a regional event rental company, is seeking an energetic Warehouse Manager to lead our warehouse operation for our Shreveport, LA based location. The Warehouse Manager directs the day-to-day activities of the Tenting, Staging, Lighting, Table, Chair, and Maintenance Departments. This is an operations role requiring strong supervisory skills, process management and improvement know-how, and a keen eye for detail, the kind of detail that makes or break profit and earns client satisfaction
The Warehouse Manager will successfully manage, plan and organize the warehouse operation which includes oversight and supervision of:
• Forecasts labor requirements based on future orders; breaks down work load into assignments and prioritizes and delegates assignments to staff.
• Monitors productivity and quality objectives.
• Plans layout of the work area and storage areas, considering inventory turns, size, weight, and related factors of items being stored.
• Conducts studies in areas of packaging, warehousing, and loading and unloading of rental equipment and evaluates existing procedures and standards.
• Initiates changes designed to improve control and efficiency of assigned departments.
• Conducts annual inventory and periodic cycle counts of warehouse. Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
• Manages and directs all direct report staff -- to include hiring, training, supervising, instilling best operating practices, scheduling, evaluating, disciplining and terminating.
• Develops and implements an effective process of selecting and training staff.
The seasonal demands and nature of the Event business occasionally require staff to work on nights, weekends and beyond a typical work day during peak seasons.
• Demonstrated management skills.
• High levels of interpersonal skills to lead, manage, direct, motivate, and develop positive employee relations.
• Minimum of 1 year of previous supervisory/management experience in warehouse/ inventory/ distribution center environment.
• Administrative skills such as organizational ability, detail orientation, and persistent follow through required.
• Excellent communication, team building, and leadership skills.
• Valid driver's license.
• Ability to solve problems and prioritize assignments.
• Occasional overnight business travel may be necessary.
We are looking for individuals with:
• A clear understanding of the demands and pressures required to succeed in a service intensive business
• A professional attitude/demeanor, and a strong work ethic
• A genuine concern for and commitment to the success of the company and customers
• Strong interpersonal & organizational skills with a respect and focus on quality
LOCAL, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ONLY
Please send cover letter and resume with salary history. Due to the number of responses, we respond only to candidates we wish to invite to an interview.
Encore Event Rentals is an Equal Employment Opportunity.