HR Area Manager with WestRock
Linked UP Church View profile
2) HR Area Manager, Folding Carton, Packaging Solutions
Reports to: HR Director, Folding Carton, Packaging Solutions
- Supporting approximately 5-6 Folding Carton facilities
- Assist in the development of plant HR Managers/Generalists
The HR Area Manager provides leadership and functional HR generalist support to multiple plant locations within assigned division or region. This role serves as a business partner to the operations Regional Vice President(s) as well as General Managers within that region/business unit. This position executes HR and business initiatives at the business unit and facility level including, but not limited to, attracting and retaining talent, driving performance management and talent review process’, employee relations, training and development, and workforce planning/headcount management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - ability to operate strategically and tactically simultaneously.
Division Philosophy: Operational Excellence through Optimizing and Standardizing functional and operational processes and procedures
Experience with all aspects of Talent Management
- Talent Acquisition
- Training and Development (including Leadership Development)
- Performance Management
- Succession Planning
- Operations/Field Support
- High Level of Customer Service (internal)
- Labor Relations (exposure preferred, extensive experience not required)
- Strong understanding of employment law critical, both federal and state-specific
- Legal Compliance with State/Federal Regulations
- Compliance and Regulatory Training
- Compliance Audits
- Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) compliance experience
- Proficient working with systems to obtain employee data, enter personnel changes, review background check results, administer assessments, etc.
- ZHRIS administration (PeopleSoft)
- eLearning content and administration experience
- Talent Management System administration (Success Factors) experience
- Partners with leadership teams to focus on talent management and leadership development
- Executes strategies to manage performance and retain key employees.
- Partners with talent management to identify training and development programs to enhance talent in the region
- Facilitates talent management reviews to ensure proper management of talent and high potentials as well as succession planning preparation.
- Administers all compensation related activities for assigned locations including; annual merit review, incentive programs, promotions, etc. Ensure that salary recommendations are aligned with compensation guidelines and proper approvals are obtained.
- Advises local management of appropriate resolution of major employee relations issues and practices.
- Provides guidance to managers and employees regarding company policies/practices administration and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and in a timely manner.
- Ensures effective and timely pre-employment and on-boarding activities and requirements for all new or transferring employees.
- Responsible for ensuring performance management process including performance evaluations & employee development plans are done effectively and on-time in assigned plants and regions
- Ensure exit interviews are conducted and information tracked.
- Partners with divisional HR to complete HR audits in all assigned sites.
- Oversees the investigations of charges of discrimination and preparation of “Statement of Position” for Employment Counsel review.
- Maintains the Human Resource Information System to ensure that management has access to appropriate people information to run the business. Provided additional HR data and reports to managers as requested.
- Ensures that all annual Performance and Talent Reviews are completed in a timely manner and that developmental activities are administered as appropriate. Provides ongoing support as needed. Updates key talent data in Talent Management System.
- Works with corporate benefits group to communicate and administer corporate benefits programs to hourly and salaried employees at assigned locations. Act as Benefits Champion during open enrollment period.
- Partners with Safety Leaders in supporting implementation of safety programs, including participation in safety committees and training compliance.
- Assists management in identifying training needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Industrial Relations, Human Resources or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7-8 years HR generalist experience with proven track record in Employee Relations, Training & Development and HR Technology.
- Professional communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with personnel at all levels of the Company. Clear, concise written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to assess situations, from both a legal compliance and business perspective, and make the best recommendation based on the facts.
- Good judgment and ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Interpersonal flexibility and strong customer service orientation.
- A self-starter with a strong ability to multitask and manage a variety of issues/projects simultaneously; able to work autonomously; ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience working with HRMS systems.
- Must be able to travel, at times on short notice, to plant locations across the US and Canada (40% travel).
- SPHR strongly preferred.
- Previous HR experiences in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Manage multiple plants in multiple locations.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate business/HR needs and make recommendations for implementation.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five or more years related HR Management experience. Experience managing HR function in a manufacturing environment across multiple locations preferred.
SHRM Certification (PHR/SPHR) preferred.
Eligible for Overtime: