HR Director with WestRock
Linked UP Church View profile
1) HR Director, Folding Carton, Packaging Solutions
Reports to: HR Vice President, Folding Carton and Merchandising Display, Packaging Solutions
- Supporting approximately 30 Folding Carton facilities
- Lead and develop 2-4 Area HR Managers (who support 5-7 plants each)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- HR Business Partner to sales, marketing and operations Vice Presidents
- Drives and implements strategic HR initiatives based upon division business goals/objectives
- Resource to field HR and General Managers as needed to help address/resolve issues including labor relations, performance, hiring practices, etc.
- Implements talent strategies as presented by talent management council and corporate HR group
- Leads division talent management initiatives including succession planning, development plan creation/follow-up, compensation, performance management, etc.
- Ensures effective and timely pre-employment and on-boarding activities for support departments Maintains the HRIS system for divisional salaried employee base
- Administers all compensation related activities for division
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues & partners with the legal/labor relations department when needed
- Assists management in identifying training needs for general managers
- Works with corporate benefits to communicate and administer benefit programs
- Conducts plants HR audits and ensures compliance
- Position is responsible for strategic human resource planning and providing strategic HR leadership across the division. This includes overseeing the development and implementation of human resources policies, programs and services, including recruiting, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee relations, as well as leading efforts aligned with cultural and diversity initiatives.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the division's human resource function and performance.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Serve as internal consultant to company management team, supervisors and employees on personnel issues that affect performance and business relationships.
- Foster a workplace environment consistent with the Company’s key behaviors.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- 10 years of broad-based HR experience, 5 of which must be at the management level.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent professional written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Relationship builder/demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflicts between different parties to a dispute and observe confidentiality.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Strong process orientation
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving
- Leadership skills – develop a team hold and hold accountable for performance
- Understand and drive customer service approach to HR
- Technologically savvy – pick up on a variety of systems
- Unwavering integrity and a strong work ethic
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR, or industrial relations preferred.
• Specialized degree in Human Resource Administration and/or active professional certification by the Society for Human Resources Management preferred.