Water Safety Instructor
All-Star Swim Academy of Atlanta View profile
Job Title: Water Safety Instructor
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job type: Part-Time -- Full Time
Number of Hires Needed: 1 – 5
Hours Per. Week: 15 – 30 hrs.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Be authorized to work in the United States.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Background check required.
• Effective Communication Skills
• Excellent Time Management Skills
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Reliable Transportation
• Professional appearance
Responsible for teaching learn-to-swim courses.
Minimum Preferred Qualifications:
¥ Knowledge and application of swimming and water safety skills
¥ Knowledge and application of teaching swimming and water safety skills
¥ An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures
¥ Leadership and public relations skills
¥ Excellent Communication skills
¥ Excellent Decision-making skills
• Be familiar with American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim levels, other Red Cross water safety courses and know how to use course materials effectively
• Adapt your teaching approaches to the age, experience and ability of participants, so they can meet course objectives
• Provide for the health and safety of participants, including ensuring that all teaching and practice areas are free of hazards, and that materials and equipment are safe
• Cover all material required in a level
• Communicate regularly with participants and their parents, as appropriate, to ensure they are aware of progress
• Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies in accordance with facility emergency action plans
• Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations
• Complete records and reports
• Participate in regular in-service training sessions
• Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor
How to Apply:
Apply via website at www.allstarswimmers.net