Tool Maker - 2nd Shift - D236
Express Employment Professionals View profile
Local company is looking for a TOOL AND DIE MAKER, 2nd shift. Responsibilities include
1. Operating machinery required to build necessary parts or repair parts.
2. Confirms parts by comparing machining measurements to specifications.
3. Studies blueprints, drawings, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece.
4. Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
5. Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, and materials on machines.
6. Sets machinery controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
7. Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
Experience with operations of various machinery (lathes, mills, grinders, etc.) required as well as knowledge of inspection and blueprint reading.