Open Source Developer
Texas Integrated Services View profile
Do you have a passion for software engineering/development and want to grow your career in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where you are able to use your talents to create elegant code and put your fingerprints on an enterprise-level eCommerce product?
Texas Integrated Services needs qualified people to join our world class software developers/engineers and architects in continuing product development on a best-of-breed eCommerce platform. We need people who are capable of creating high quality code in a fast paced environment. In short, you've got to be a great developer/engineer and have a passion for creating the best eCommerce product in the marketplace.
What might a typical week look like?
- Monday: Work on new enterprise feature set backlog tasks
- Tuesday: Take care of online and community support, troubleshooting developer issues across a variety of projects and locales
- Wednesday: Return to new enterprise feature set backlog based on team review and refactor areas noted which could be improved
- Thursday: Attend client requirements session in determining how to best extend and integrate Broadleaf into their environment
- Friday: Document and propose TIS solution to client problem, head out to lunch with the team
If you've got the passion, ability and experience, we've got the opportunity to be on the front-end of a great career at an aggressively led, financially conservative, high growth startup.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor of science or master of science in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- A passion to work in a product company
- Ability to develop elegant solutions to complex and interesting problems
- Drive to produce enterprise-class software under tight schedules
- Fluent communication in written and spoken English
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of eCommerce industry
- Previous agile development experience
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Hands-on experience with open source software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Strong design experience in Object Oriented programming